Saturday, August 6, 2011

First Photo of Anne Hathaway as "Catwoman": NO

Anne Hathaway in 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures

NO. no no no no no no no. This.... this is..... ugh... What is this?

I was originally going to post my thoughts on the Thundercats remake. That is until this caught my eye. What you see here is the first photo released of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Rises. I... lets just start the rant.

The concept of Catwoman is not hard to follow. Femme fatale. Thief. Has pointy ears to resemble a cat in the shadows. Sexual attraction to Batman.

This looks like the possible female version of Splinter Cell. I get the plausible thief thing.... but where are the ears? Where is the whip? If you showed this to me out of the blue, I wouldnt be able to tell thats Catwoman unless people told me.

I'd hate to say it... but Halle Berry had a more beleivable catwoman look...


Okay... maybe not THAT much better. But still, at least I can look at that and say "Yeah, I think she's trying to be Catwoman."

Now Michelle Pfeiffer... SHE pulled off Catwoman. 


You would watch her in action, and you KNOW that she is Selina Kyle. She pulled off that whip like a pro, the personality she gave off in both her personas was perfect, gave off the whole mysterious vibe...

The format is not that hard people. See this simple drawing?


Skin tight outfit + sexy figure + whip + cat themed mask and ear + thief = Catwoman


I mean... ok... I guess Hathaway is doing the whole realistic thief thing.... Looks like she's stealing the Bat-cycle.... And i guess those kind of goggles are needed to be a thief (i think).... but... ears please? So I can tell who the character is? If anything she looks more like a henchman. Or henchwoman, if you want to nitpick.

Anyway, like I said, not a good first reveal. Now if they showed her in something that looked like this, Live action of course:



then maybe I would get excited.

We'll see. But if there is no whip, then this is bull.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's designed to disappoint. Batman's first costume was just a vague costume without an identity, maybe that's what Hathaway is doing.

    ReplyDelete